Saturday, November 23, 2013

journal art by suswan aka allywhitecat ..wendy vecchi challenge SHE SAID MAKE ART

she said to make art.....so I did.
I have not had a lot of funds this year so I used what I had available.

okay let me explain the photos
Paper:
I use a mixed media heavy weight paper 9" X12 " Mixed media from Strathmore I paid between $9.00-$12.00 for this. It is important to get a heavy weight that can handle the damage of all the goodies you want to pile on there :)

I have not tried Wendy's paste yet not that I haven't wanted to most of my friends know my money has been harsh this year so I needed to come up with a thinker substance than just gesso so I added the Golden to my Blick this Golden Gesso is a slight bit thicker because it has grounds in it meaning bits of texture as in thickness.
I also compensated by the style brush.
I have a beat down fan brush which leaves streaks so I used this to add the effect of thicker gesso.
I also added my Ranger Distress scattered straw into the gesso mixture giving it a off white look and also after stirring added Ranger Distress Old Paper
I began tearing news paper and layering onto the gesso paper and while it is wet use a brayer. as you use the brayer many torn pieces of the newspaper de solve if you will into the gesso mixture keep brayering until you feel good about it using you fingers when you are finished to rub the remainder of the gesso on the paper...ALL THIS WORK BECAUSE i NEED TO BUY PAPSTE LOL
I used Victorian velvet  Distress ink,Shaded lilac, and old paper...then when it looks smooth..stop and use your heat gun just for a few minutes...while it is still moist ...drop one to two drops Terra Cotta,stream,pool,butterscotch and a dark red the name is worn off adirondack alcohol inks onto the wet gesso ..spray with mini mister and they spread to rounds ball shapes.
This is the milled lavender sprayed with mini mister
you can see the thick coats of gesso and paper
began stamping
This stamp is from Wendys set I Am My Art you can find at http://stampersanonymous.com
the item no is LC 050
The flowers on the bottom art from her stamp set Art Rules  the item no is LCS002

Now a Question...do you remember the ticket swap where we used the paint brush and painted with ink our tickets in Tims group??? well that is what I did with the stamps you see stamped using scattered straw and broken china.:)

The script set you see on the left is from a beautiful stamp set from Wendy and http://stampersanonymous.com called A Form of Art
and of course I had to use my favorite set from Wendy Celestial Art item no. LCS054
that is the hanging stars.
The flower you will see in the right bottom is from the stamp set Art In Bloom item no SCS 057
you will see polka dots over the Art In Bloom flower this is from a beautiful stamp set called All About Art ,item no LCS 011
The little stamp undere the heart is from a beautiful stamp set called Art By The Number item no LCS005
one more...get back here...
the little flower over the hearts below Mr. Poe is from the stamp set..Art in Bloom which I gave you the item no. up above.

Now Mr. Poe!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where oh where did you come from Mr. Poe??? well for the people out there that do not have a wonderful Edgar Allen Poe set....http://smearedandsmudged.ning.com/group/smeared-ink-rubber-club
I belong to the wonderful red rubber club at smeared ink and if you love journal art you will love their stamps...for many of the people in Wendy's you may not like them all..but there are one of a kind very unique for journals type stamps there...have fun too..if you join get what you want as you browse through and don't be afraid to ask questions.
The never more
quote the raven
the raven
Mr. Poe
the chicken wire all came from this set and there is so much more to it another raven more more more :)
well I am down to the hearts....Wendy Vecchi stencil and Tim's Barn door acrylic dabber.
So there it is my journal page for Mrs. Wendy Vecchi.
love and hugs Wendy and Rick
susan s




1 comment:

  1. even with the "screw-ups" , this is a piece of art worth it's weight in gold. Get better soon dear friend xxxxx

    ReplyDelete