Thursday, May 23, 2013

It's your lie ...it's your loss

Greetings on this awesome Thursday morning. I made a new page for our journal group at smeared ink http://smearedandsmudged.ning.com/group/artjournaleveryday/forum/topics/art-journal-prompts-week-69
Heavy metal is the theme..my heavy metal is of a different sort.a key made for my journal girls bird who keeps it for her and she is the secret keeper.
Recent events on okla tornado brought to surface something art journaling has taught me to express.
When my son was in his teens our home had a open circuit and our light bill soared to 1500.00 for one month so in fear of burning down i moved us into our ceramic shop ...while it was being repaired.
of all times and the only time my ex husband came to see stephen we were in this shop.
It was a strange visit his wife and him were having issues in fact his remark she is as crazy as i was before my hysterectomy made me want to slap him across the room my son couldn't believe i didn't but I remained quiet not to effect the visit for them
He asked me to call his wife and let her know he was coming home and said how he would love to bring my sons half siblings to see him I thought that was great. I called and that was that.called my folks and then my boy friend and reported all went well.
we moved back into the house and that christmas stephen had not heard from steve in all that time he called and steves exact words were you are not good enough for our family. my son was crushed.
I bled for him. six years ago my ex mother in law came to see us as we were moving from one apartment to a duplex and she informed me the reason  for stephen losing contact was steves wife had told him steve was coming back to me.after all the money my family spent on the divorce and after all the therapy for getting my self straightened out and oh just let me throw away my awesome boyfriend I had during that time are you for real?????????
I had come so far in over coming many issues in my life by that time and I had just fractured my neck and torn out my shoulders during her visit..I was in heavy medical treatment with my injuries and when I heard that..I could not decided if I should be angry or laugh.all the years my son had gone with out seeing his dad for someone else insecurities what should i feel. My son was with me when I had called her that night sitting right at the table with me..so when my ex mother in law informed me of the long dark mystery we talked after she left and made a decision to never have anything to do with any of them again. It was obvious she believed this and harbored ill will so we cut them out of our lives for ever.
When the tornado struck and my son was in the field i text him and told him what was going on and asked him if he was worried about his grandparent there was no reply.I texted him and said hate is poison the name of Lucifers horse :). After quite a few minutes his text came through go ahead and try to find out if they are ok.
as most of you on face book know we did they are and my son and I stepped through a very dark heavy metal in our heart place.
It's your lie...it's your loss began to chirp in my head as I made this journal page.thanks to my art heart healing lessons from willow I got through a very weird time and the hate is gone...there is no like or love but there is no hate..I hope someday my son can feel free of that hatred also.
here is my piece.
stay safe
hugs
susan s

6 comments:

  1. Wow. So moving and powerful. Thank you for sharing so much of yourself and your son in this piece. We all keep so much locked up inside ourselves. It's wonderful that you've been able to let go of hate, and that you can express yourself via your incredible art. Much love to you my friend. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow incrdible story and wondeful art
    You are both the better for it afterall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, thank you for sharing your secret self like this with us Susan. Such an ordeal but I agree when you say how much a poison hate is !! You are such a wise woman and I am glad that the bond you and Stephen have is so strong :-)
    Much love my Friend and I love your page :-D
    Hugz
    IKE xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear love and brave in your story!
    Amazing!
    Your piece is stunning.
    Thank you for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you so much for sharing such a personal story and how amazing that you were able to transform the hate through create such a beautifully expressive page. big love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your journal page is as amazing as always and your story shines with love and wisdom. Thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete