Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Hello and welcome to my journal blog. I am so glad you came. I made a piece for smeared ink today.If you click groups in the top banner at smeared ink  you will find a link "groups" I do hope to see you join us there at http://smearedandsmudged.ning.com/group/artjournaleveryday/forum/topics/art-journal-prompts-week-59

spring flowers green grass blue skies...well her is mine



I created my theme "where do ravens go when flowers bloom" I had to find a way to use my new red rubber stamps "The Edgar Allen Poe" set...I drew myself or what is supposed to be me asking the question and answering "I hide them in my hair:."..
I colored with my prisma pencils and gessoed over that. while the gesso was thick and wet i took the tip of the paint brush and drew flowers bring out the color underneath from the prisma pencils at the bottom left i used a plastic  table doillie. and added the gesso on thick.
I then layered with diluted orange yellow and pink acrylic and used my Tim Holtz paint dabbers around the body of the "me".
I stamped the raven onto manilla folder colored abit with black cut out the one on right bottom and cut the heads to fit the middle.
I used a big foam flower stamp in black and added flowers from paper stock. Hope you like my page
susan s



1 comment:

  1. Wow, Susan! What a gorgeous journal page. I love your drawing and all the little extras. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete