Monday, March 4, 2013

for ones like me that love to play in art...we make messes. well I do..and  I let it get bad! so time to re organize so I stripped off the old table cloth OMG it had been two years since i changed it. and put on the new one.
yesterday was a trip for me my fibo was flared and so i tunnel visioned into my work. My moms Birthday had not been completed and it was my son's only day off..and there was a list of things to do.I sat back made a cup of coffee and said I am going to continue to clean up my art zone, and accomplish my goals today.well,...I finished my piece for smeared ink..please take a peek on my blog
lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com
I got my mom a gift and my son purchased her gifts also. we had time for our coffee and conversation...and I made it to the dollar store..and we had tacos.however I was exhausted past the point of a cup of coffee and collapsed into sleep fifteen minutes or less after I handed my mom her gift.
The past two weeks I have been cleaning through all my art stuff magazines etc. I have alot to mail out but I have decided to wait until the swap with a circle of friends is over..and mail everything at one time.

so now I have my 6x6's cut and ready and my five by fives...now to cut my jumbo tags  :)



I also am cutting my acts and regular size tags today. you might ask why?
Here is something you do know about me..i have fybomyaylgia ..and I suffer with it. I also help my folks as I can but between the projects and dishes..and art i have times where I fog over..and it usually hits at the worst of times.I have also fractured my neck  and tore out my shoulders so at night time I am clouded and tired.
I am in hopes my journal helps inspire others with disabilities that you can do it and losing control of the art or cleaning projects or what ever is okay..and normal..it has taken me years to accept this..and now I do and I also think there are safety nets and things individually we do to help ourselves.
this is what I am doing for me.

I use manilla folders to make most of my items..it is the first of the month and I need to get ready for the projects that can pop up that I might want to participate in.
also i do not have a die cut machine I hand cut alot of my items or get them on ebay.
well here are the last two pictures..regular tags and a few tickets have a wonderful night.
susan s



5 comments:

  1. Susan, you are both the daftest person and one of the bravest. Keep yourself right please and pace yourself more. You will achieve more in the long fun Mega gentle hugs dear friend xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there - I didn't even know you had this place :-D I hope you get your head straight again soon.... can't do much about the body eh ?!!! :-( So sad you suffer from this horrid thing :-(
    Huggies xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will have to tell Ike that "brain fog" is part of Fibromyalgia, huh Girlfriend? I love this & think this will do good to help others will Fibromyalgia. We have to listen to our bodies & rest when they say rest. I do a lot of hand cutting of my items as well. But you come over here & we will get the die cut machines going so you will have some die cuts. We may be moving in the near future so you need to do it sometime soon! :) I hope you can make it. Love you!!! :) Gentle Hugs~Patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I just looked & my Dad is the same age as your Mom. He turned 78 in December. They are 3 months apart. How about that? That's pretty funny. Susan asked me to share this tip here:

    *When I am coloring my images I color 2 of the same images at the same time. It doesn't take that much longer & I make a card or project with one & put the other in a folder so that when I need a project or card, I can look through the folder to see if any of my colored images fit whatever project or card I am looking to do. It saves time & effort. :) When you have Fibro you have to do whatever it takes. Hugs~Patti

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome Post Susan! Love you take care of yourself!
    Peace,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete