Friday, March 13, 2015

Tutorial on "Beware" a "dark" project using a Smeared Ink image.

I had a passion when the images from smeared ink were released . The collection is Toxic Dancer.
I thought how powerful in a day of lawlessness, such hatred and anger in the air , foods are so poisoned and the list is endless.
I do not think we can travel through our lives on this planet and not be touched by the events at one time or another.
I made a post on my Challenge blog http://lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com/2015/03/a-journal-project-with-smeared-inks.html

The piece is "Beware"

Let me share with you how I made it.

I used a Dylusion journal. The smaller one, which by the way I love.
I wanted to thicken the pages so I did something unique. I used four pages.

The black under page host two middle pages the sides have been torn down on the middle pages
I used Dina Wikley white gesso as a base coat. after drying I used black acrylics.

I used a metal embellishment that has holes in it as a stencil,and my Mother had this paper paint by

folkart called Papier, this color is metallic green.
after the black acrylic dried on the back pages I mixed black acrylic with Wendy Vecchi paste and used the embellishment as a stencil, when that dried I used my finger and rubbed over the ridges of the stenciled area...the Papier metallic green.I used Diana Wakley's gel medium as a top coat.

The inner pages were torn on the edges and glued down.



I again gesso(ed) the middle pages
I made act sized images using my new smeared Ink stamps. Here is a link to their store.
http://www.smearedink.com/smeared-ink-rubber-club/
I began adding the gel medium and and colored the image.
The red moon is called the Blood moon our of a photo in one of my Mothers prophecy magazines.
I used the rest of the black paste to blend all the images and mod Podge when all was dry.

I hope you like this.Dark art has been a topic lately in my friend Effy Wild's FB group..so this is for you guys...hugs

Allywhitecat
susan s




No comments:

Post a Comment