Thursday, August 28, 2014

I am Thinking Mermaids Journal page Inspired by my friend Miranda

I hope you saw the original post on http://whispersthroughthewindow.blogspot.com
Journal art to me is using beautiful images or digital images or your own drawning, taking your time and exploring.
I began tearing some papers I had collected many many years ago. I needed to cover writing from past notes I had made to myself. as I covered the pages I thought I have a mermaid from a collage sheet I had purchased from www.alphastamps.com this reminds me of...so after a few hours of digging through the many hundreds of papers and images in my stash I found her..I was so happy..off we went the mermaid and I on a wonderful adventure of journal discovery.I decided to keep it simple and went for the alphabet stencil I purchased from a Hard ware store and grabbed my paste. and we began.
I used my brayer over the paste and then used my finger and the alphabet stencil again to give it debt.
I have recently purchased five  new products for my journal fun and I wanted to used them. I needed a soft tone medium so I used my acrylic paint by scioto "warm beige "again I used my brayer
I found a old piece of recollections ..steam punk paper post card. I tore the bottom off and added it to the top of the page and again used the warm beige .
The rose on the top left is from stencil girls stencils from my Frida set which I love this first new product I will tell you about called Inka Gold , the color is steel blue and Inka Gold is made by Viva Decor. It is a powerful color and it just takes a dab with your fingers to spread. I covered the borders of the journal page and the rose.
The second new product I was playing with is Lindys stamp gang starburst,hydrangea blue. I used my Tim Holtz "Burlap" stencil with it and my third new product I played with is by shimmerz paints and it is called razzeldazzelberry and it gives the mulberry color.


I added the letters I am Thinking of Mermaids
but...
I need more this was looking good but soooo empty.


Ised my french script stamp from stamp it up and the star fish ..I stamped on manila folders colored in markers and cut, then I added them to my pages.The sea coral strands is a hard wood rubber stamp from inkadinkado stamps.The star fish from Tim Holtz nautical blueprint cms194..which I experimented with my fourth new product silks acrylic glazes and the red is called spicy tomato.
Then came a need to fill a different color in on the bottom of the page. For this I used a stamp set my friend Carolyn gave me from Hero Arts called Quatros "small real flowers" and my fifth new product Silks acrylics glazes "Key Lime"

POSTCARD

As you can see there is a paper clip where I ran a beautiful small ribbon through the end and attached a postcard. This image is also from Alpha Stamps. again I added the paste and used Tim Holtz stencil "Burlap"  .
The sea horse is from Tim Holtz Nautical blueprint set colored in markers and cut out. The back side is blank.

There is my mermaid fantasy journal page.
hope you like it.
susan s




1 comment:

  1. What a fascinating page, with so many layers of interest. I very much enjoyed reading about your many and varied techniques and the names of the colours.

    ReplyDelete