Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Good morning and welcome to my blog..Journal Art By Suswan

Yesterday was such a thought provoking day for many of us in Smeared Ink .com.My wonderful friend Fiona and fellow DT had a hellish experience with a challenge piece she made and uploaded to the challenge site.
You can go to http://smearedandsmudged.ning.com/group/thevent
to read the discussion thread and see the art work in question.That will bring you up to speed on my purpose this am.
This is dedicated to Fiona my friend I named it the prude

I also wrote this message to her

My Dear Friend Fiona,

We should rejoice in the fact we are free spirited. We have over come our fears and inhibitions .
We can love people different in thought color creed/religion..ideologies and taste.
Martin Luther King Jr. said free at last free at last...
we have found peace and the freedom the liberation and that detachment has enabled and empowered our art and our personal lives.We are free to laugh at the worst of our natures and write sentiments attached to physical pieces of art we slave over to release that message.
We fly like little messenger pigeons sending forth our masterpieces.
Rejection...that is why we have a dark spot in our lives to begin with for most..rejection from little birds bound in cages of fear.our response...to sing our song even louder...are we wishing to set the captive free?
we are blessed and unique and fearless glancing back as we flyaway at the little birds bound in their cages of fear,self deluted glory and self righteousness...with quirky little jesture birds making them feel safe and secure..applauding their "red queens" mind set.
You made art...she made fear...not much ever changes does it my friend.
susan s

3 comments:

  1. Susan,
    That is so Deep what MLK said. I bet you if you asked Diane this Q: "Diane, do you agree with what Dr. MLK said? She would say yes. So her actions were one of a hypocrite as well what you were saying about her trying to inject fear. I told her that her mother must not have thought her any manners. "IF you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!" Not everyone has to like everyone's art work, but blaten meanness is un-called for.

    I think your art journal page is so well done and beautiful! I was looking at all of your journal pages, and you are just amazingly talented! They are so artsy!!
    You be you and Stay crafty my friend!
    YOLO
    Peace,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  2. you and your art are just so beautiful Susan. I am proud to be a fellow member of the SI DT with you and to call you friend. xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Susan...such a pretty piece and your words of wisdom are outstanding! I'm sure Fiona will smile when she reads it!

    ReplyDelete